Create an original interactive story, or modernize a short story found on the Gutenberg Project by making it interactive. Attempt to create engaging experience for the viewer through the use of traditional design and animation principles, and original graphics. The narrative should utilize appropriate perspectives (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and the modes of interactivity should be clearly identified at the start of the project.
- Brainstorm ideas.
- Outline your narrative using one of the three interactive plot structures: nodal, modulated or open.
- Create storyboards and a use-case scenario based on your chosen plot structure.
- Create assets based on your storyboards using Illustrator, Photoshop or Fireworks.
- Animate assets based on storyboards and create scenes based on the narrative outline and use-case scenario using Dreamweaver.
- Add interactive elements using any of the following HTML, CSS and jQuery, Adobe Animate, Unity, AR, VR, handcrafted objects/ electronics.
- Test, troubleshoot and refine.
- Documentation of Use-case scenario, storyboards and sketches must be handed in as a single PDF.
- Weekly progress reports that show: time tracking, notes on achievements (i.e. done with sketching, created x, y and z assets, animated scene 1, 2 and 3), issues that need help or attention. Email me your report before the beginning of class.
- Animations may be GIFS or sprites animated through CSS
- Must be no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels, unless its been designed to be responsive.