Skip to content
Review the reading and answer the following questions:
- What did the standards of the w3c provide?
- What are some general guidelines for great markup?
- What are the benefits of standards?
Review design principles:
- typography – choose faces and sizes that that fits the hierarchy, pattern and rhythm of your design
- iconography – simplified symbols
- line – these can define areas within a page and create boundaries – they also create movement
- spacing – consider both positive and negative space – designs should be able to breath
- unity – take into account all visual elements equally – organizing like items
- consistency – variety is important but clean design needs an overall tone of consistency – through shape, color and spacing
- shape – like color shapes have a psychological effect
- color influence – utilize psychological associations – these can be influenced by culture, and even gender
- pattern – the use of repeating elements – helps create unity
- texture – visual representation of texture – we can picture how something feels – its similar to pattern although more organic
- contrast – helps to distinguish between various elements
- lead the eye – guide the reader through the contents important bits – the design must have a visual flow