Propose an augmented reality application for a mobile device that runs on iOS or Andriod or an AR experience that uses a proprietary device, such as glasses, a mirror or heads up display. This new app/experiance should fulfill the need of either a consumer or professional in one of the following locations: A City of your choice, Museum (art, science, etc.), Zoo, Amusement Park, Home, School or Office.
Begin by brainstorming an idea, then answer these questions:
- What problem does your app solve?
- What products have you seen that perform a similar task?
- How do successful apps present information to users?
- How can you build on what works and make it unique?
- What value does your app bring to your audience?
Once you have answered the above questions and written your short proposal create 3 user scenarios for your application, a digital mockup and UI design comps.
Final presentation packet must include:
- The above questions answered
- 3 User Profiles
- Interview Questions
- Evidence of your Research
- Sketches & Mind Maps
- 3 User Flow Diagrams
- Final Design Comps
How will your app utilize smart phone features like, GPS, Camera, Data Plan/WiFi, Gestures.
Your app should follow the UI design specs for your chosen platform.
- Design Specs for iOS – Explore the Custom Icon and Image Creation Guidelines
- Andriod UI Guidelines
- Design Trends
- For sketching
- For Comping
- For Building
A few interesting AR projects
- Barbie Makeup Mirror
- Mine Craft Reality
- The leak in your home town and more by Mark Skwarek
- The Art of Journey
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDNzTasuYEw IKEA
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBU6BjnPl8 AR Mail From Harbin
- Holo Lense – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RTL_X7r_4
- Tilt 5 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_71C3bMNUA • Tested episode on Tilt 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jse-GwkcYgI • Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiltfive/holographic-tabletop-gaming