Your homepage will account for 10% of your final grade. I expect to see it evolve throughout the semester as you learn new coding techniques. To earn a C, I should see a minimum of 3 major updates and/or layout modifications to your homepage, for an A I should see 6 or more.
Version one should include:
- The basic html learned during week 1.
- A page title
- Your name
- Major and year
- Email address
- Short bio – 150 words that describe your career aspirations and goals
- An unordered list of 3 artistic/design related influences
- A ordered list of your top 5 most visited websites
- The above items should use appropriate HTML tags
- Save it as index.html
- Due Class 2
Version two should include:
- Edited bio for spelling and grammar
- Added links to your email address and influences and top 5 sites
- Added a link to the Syllabus project
- Added a photo of yourself
- Added CSS to style backgrounds, colors, margins and the fonts of the HTML tags you have already used.
- Due Class 3
Version three should include:
- The use of div tags, ID’s and classes to revise the layout
- Added links to the Haiku project
- Due Class 6
Version four through six should include:
- Added link to the single page site project
- Added link to the final project
- Any additional images you wish to include
- Substantial changes to the layout, i.e. CSS
- Appropriate changes to the HTML
- There is no due date for these, upload them as you do them, emailing me with each new version.